KOLT Lunch Workshop
Title: CLICKERS (with hands-on demo)
Option 1: Date: November 8 (Thursday), 2012, 12:30-13:30 Place: Founders Hall (Kurucular Salonu)
Option 2: Date: November 9 (Friday), 2012, 16:30-17:30 Place: CAS B39
Lunch will be served.
This workshop will demonstrate
- how to effectively integrate clickers into your lectures,
- how to construct questions,
- analyze the clickers data, and
- different forms of use with hands-on demo.
- Clickers are also known as student response systems.
- They are handheld radio-frequency transmitters.
- KOLT has 160 clickers; if you would like to use them in your classes, please contact KOLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students use them to answer questions (multiple choice, true/false, …).
- They capture real-time assessment data to gauge student comprehension.
- They promote student engagement in class.
- Correct/incorrect answers and their distributions can be seen immediately after each question; or at the end of all questions.
- Quizzes can be either anonymous or graded.
- Anonymous voting allow immediate identification of the level of comprehension; and also determine the parts that have not been understood well by the students. It may give you a chance to go over those material and emphasize it one more time.